Tuesday 6 September 2011

Something to brighten up a wet miserable September day

I hope the weather is better where you are than it is here in North Devon.  It's a cold wet and windy day here, it feels more like late October outside.  Still it's an excuse to dig my boots out and start wearing them again, I went out in sandals earlier and regretted it!

The other good thing is of course that it's nice weather to curl up inside evenings and stitch.  I have been doing quite a lot of that in the last few weeks and as a consequence I should finish beading my Mirabilia Trick or Treat fairy this evening.  There will be pictures tomorrow, and don't forget the fabric colour for her is on offer on the website for the whole of September.

I have also sent in a chart order, which I'm looking forward to receiving.  As soon as I have it I'll get the charts uploaded to the website (and try not to hold onto any for my stash in the process).  In the end I ordered a mixture of designs from assorted designers, including Ink Circles, Firewing, Lizzie Kate plus several others.  There are a mixture of themes, though I will admit that the order is a little heavy on dragons and Halloween designs.  When it comes and they're all uploaded I'd love some feedback on what I ordered, and what you'd like to see more of (themes and designers).

Now I'll stop rambling and get to the point of this post.  The grab bags are back.  There aren't that many of them.  However, this time there are aida only bags (mixture of counts from 14-22) and evenweave/linen bags.  There are also 3 different size options for the bags 9"x12" (linen/evenweave only), small cuts (card and small picture sizes minimum of 5"x8", though most pieces are larger), and medium cuts (10"x15" minimum, again most are larger).  The second two options include a mix of normal and opalescent fabrics.  This is a selection of some of the fabrics that you'll find in the bags.

Once they're gone it'll be next year before the grab bags make return appearance.  These are a great way to expand your fabric stash more economically.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment